Monday 29 April 2013

Y is for Yellow - Blogging from A to Z April Challenge

I have to be honest, I picked this topic because when I was trying to think something up the only word that would come into my head was yellow.

I don't even really like yellow, but there you go. I'm not sure why either. I have nothing against most colours, but yellow is one that has always niggled at me since I was very small. I blame daffodils - I've never liked daffodils :).

That being said I do like lots of other things that are yellow:

  • ducklings
  • lemons
  • primroses
  • yellow roses
  • rubber duckies
  • sweet corn
  • the sun
  • bananas (as long as they are pulverised)
  • pikachu
   

Well you get the idea.

Yellow is also a very useful colour in painting. With a little red it warms things up. With blue it cools them down. It can bring light to painting and highlights to a dark scene.

When it's luminous it makes a very good colour to be warn to be seen at night.

It's usually a cheerful colour.

Yet I'm still not overly fond of it by itself. I'm not sure I own any yellow clothing. Oh, hang on, I lie, I think I have a pale yellow nightshirt. It's the daffodils' fault I tell you, it has to be.

Are you a fan of yellow? Please, tell me what yellow things you love.

If you would like to see what all of my posts will be about in advance, click here to see my theme post.
My twin and I are also doing the A to Z Challenge over at our fantasy erotica blog: http://fantasyboysxxx.blogspot.co.uk/

5 comments:

  1. I would have to disagree with you - I like yellow as a color. It always makes me smile and brightens my mood. That being said I hate lemons although I keep them in the house for their color. I dislike most yellow flowers like mums, marigolds and some petunias but I plant them because I like their color. Maybe I'm just strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, many people love yellow, I've just always swung more towards the oranges and reds ... or off into the blues and purples (I have a thing against green as well - no idea why since I love nature) :).

      Delete
  2. Yellow to me is a happy colour, the sunshine, for one thing.

    A great post for the Y letter.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I totally blame my aversion to yellow on the daffodil - it's the only explanation :).

      Delete
  3. Just discovering your blog for the first time as I make my way through the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.