Tuesday 14 October 2014

Almost NaNoWriMo time - yay!


NaNoWriMo is almost here!

This year I actually have a strong idea of what I'm writing before November 1st - so yay! I've decided to do something completely new that I think will make a good 50k book, rather than what I usually do, which is write 50k of a longer book.

My working title is:

Mirabel's Bad Day and Beyond

and this is my synopsis:
Miri, or Mirabel if you're her mother, is a very powerful witch. When she wakes up on an obnoxiously bright morning she knows it's going to be a bad day. First of all her familiar, Ran, has decided being a cat is no longer interesting enough and has taken to walking around as a naked young man. Not good for her equilibrium, not good at all. Then she bumps into a friend, Ted Hanson, she hasn't seen in five years and she starts feeling the witch's mating urge. Think hornier than Sid James in a Carry On film, only worse. Being a demisexual with few close friends, this is kind of new and confusing.
Oh and her next door neighbour has been murdered, which might be a problem.
I have ideas so far about Mirabel, her mother and a little bit about the murder, but not a lot else. The idea came to me while lying in bed the other day and I think it's a good one for just writing by the seat of my pants (which I often do anyway ;)) and should flow for NaNo.

The camaraderie of NaNo is always so much fun. Lots of authors all doing the same thing at the same time. If you would like to become writing buddies I'm beren_writes over there.

So, who else is doing NaNoWriMo this year? Do you know what you are writing yet? Do you make lots of preparations?

2 comments:

  1. NaNo scares me. I might work up the nerve one of these years and give it a go, but this year I'll be traveling in Nov. -- so not this year. ;) Best of luck to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Nanowrimo!
    Yup, I'm in. I just friended you over there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.