Wednesday 25 January 2012

Review: The Ghost Inside Me by Katie Cramer

The Ghost Inside Me
by Katie Cramer
Title: The Ghost Inside Me
Author: Katie Cramer
Publisher: Addictive Press
Genre: paranormal romance
Conclusion: Good 4/5

Okay, so I read this yesterday morning while pedalling on my exercise bike and gave myself a day to digest it before I reviewed it. Over on Amazon I gave it four stars, because I like it.

This is a good read, it's just not long enough. Everything there is in the book is great. The prose is well written, the plot holds together, but there's not really enough of it to get the whole story in.

Let me say that the sex is beautifully done and it's sexy, and I love the overall story. It's well thought out and nicely set up. The characters are good and it's very easy to relate to them. So well worth a read.

My only problem is that it feels like there are bits missing. I know it's only a short story, but it was begging for more in depth emotional reactions and there is a point near the end where it jumps from one scene right to the last one and I would have liked to have seen a bit of what happened in between.

So, definitely a great quick read to pick up, just no five stars because, for me, it needed a couple more thousand words.
TGIM on Amazon UK | TGIM on Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.