Wednesday 12 December 2012

The big 40 :)

So Soph and I hit the big 40 yesterday and had a wonderful time doing it :). We also had a fabulous party over the weekend which was for my hubby as well because he hit 40 last week too ::g::. We have had many people who said 'no way!' as well, which was good for the ego ;).

We went to see the Pre-Raphaelite exhibition at the Tate Britain yesterday with the parental units, my aunt and another friend, which was amazing. I think it's a bit of a cheek charging £14 to go in and then expecting you to pay £4 more for the audio tour as well though! Bad form. Especially since it was only an average audio tour at best. Six rooms full of paintings and only 21 entries in the audio tour. The exhibition is not to be missed, but the audio tour was a bit meh.

Then we went to have a late lunch in the Miller and Carter steakhouse at Bexley (near where my aunt lives) and they had sent me a voucher for a free bottle of bubbly for my birthday so that was lovely. Their food is also very good. A place in the UK that knows how to cook steak - I was stunned! ;)

Thank you to everyone who has wished me a Happy Birthday and thank you very much to sammaetz, veritas03, spike7451, annelislashfan and nenne on LJ for the lovely v-gifts.

I also want to say a huge thank you to all my friends who came to the party and made it such a wonderful time. It was a brilliant weekend and I love you all.

Also I want to say thank you again for the lovely presents. We have already started to watch Monkey and it as cheesy and wonderful as I remember :). Also, Tom has pride of place in a new frame on my desk:

And I have worn the necklace every day except yesterday because I didn't want to risk it being lost in London. In fact I am wearing it now - it looks lovely being set of by a big t-shirt and star wars lounge pants ;). Thank you all so much for such a fantastic gift, I shall treasure it always. Here's a piccie so everyone can see how amazing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.