Thursday 8 August 2013

The art of jumping (yes this is a completely random post)

I've always wondered what it would be like to be able to jump. It's one of those mysteries in my life since I can't do it.

See this:
Source tumblr post
this is like me with the whole jumping and going nowhere. I was the child who, when we had athletic lessons at school, took the run up for the long jump and didn't even make it into the sand pit. I kid you not :).

Ooh, and then there was hurdles - that was hilarious. The only way I can get over a hurdle is to dive over it ::g::.

In case you were wondering, I have an ankle condition which means they are mostly fused, hence no bounce, at all, not even a little bit.

There are many things in life we find we can't do; I can't skateboard either, but for some reason I have never wondered what that was like. Seeing people jump always makes me wonder.

Same with running actually. I probably run slower than you walk and it tends to hurt so I haven't actually tried that in years. I can put on a short burst of speed forwards (I used to like non-competitive squash), but longer and the no bounce comes in. My athletics teacher only ever tried to make me run 400m once - I was so slow everyone else had moved on to other activities by the time I made it to the finish line. I always preferred the lessons where we threw things or hit things :).

Don't get me wrong, it's never really bothered me that I can't run or jump; I could barely walk anywhere until I was seven and had surgery to correct some of the problem, I just wonder. Y'know. Like sometimes you wonder what it would be like to fly.

What do you wonder about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.