Monday 16 June 2014

EYM: Scariest movie or book that made sleeping hard!

The Express Yourself Meme (EYM) is a weekly blog hop run by Jackie at Bouquet of Books and Dani at Entertaining Interests. Each month they post a Gadget with a question/task for each week in the month. Participants then answer the question in a post during the correct week.

There is a list of the participants at the bottom of this post.

This week's question/task:
What's the scariest movie you've watched or book you've read that made you unable to sleep?

Recently I would have to say that the scariest movie for leaving me sleepless is probably Mama. I did a longer review of it here, but let's just say the monster in this made me look at dark corners a lot.

Then there is Paranormal Activity, but that didn't stop me sleeping it just made the odd trip to the loo at 3am kind of freaky :).

If we go further back then I remember seeing the original mini series of Salem's Lot on TV when I was younger and the scene with Ralphie Glick floating outside his brother's bedroom window put the willies right up me. It wasn't helped that we were staying with relatives at the time and the windows we were sleeping next to looked just like those from the mini series.

Do you have a movie or a book that scares you or used to scare you?
or (if you are already in the meme so have answered that question already on your own blog)
Do you like being scared by books or movies or do you shy away from it?


8 comments:

  1. We share that Salem's Lot moment, so I'm with you on that one. As for Mama, maybe I watched it at the wrong time, but it didn't scare me. I can see how Paranormal Activity could make you nervous about wandering around the house in the dark :) Although, all I have to worry about is tripping over the dog ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Paranormal Activity movies, especially the first two, and "Mama." Shudder.

    I re-read Salem's Lot when I was on vacation, staying in a remote wooded area. Not the best idea I ever had. :)

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-read Salem's Lot every now and then - it's a great book :)

      Delete
  3. I watched Mama a few weeks ago, it was awful! My mum and I jumped a lot while we were watching it. There might have been some hiding behind blankets, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch scary movies often, because they terrify the crap out of me. But I will always remember The Grudge. That was my husband and my first date... Looking back now, I realize I always did like a bit of creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basically any scary movie gets me. I'm a wuss. The most memorable one was The Birds. That night I had a weird nightmare that had violins playing and I woke up scared out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I would've sewn the curtains shut!

    Speaking of corners, Insidious still has me looking up at ceiling corners every now and then, especially because my cat used to meow up at the corners. O.O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.