Monday 14 July 2014

EYM - oh those childhood school days :)

The Express Yourself Meme (EYM) is a weekly blog hop run by Jackie at Bouquet of Books and Dani at Entertaining Interests. Each month they post a Gadget with a question/task for each week in the month. Participants then answer the question in a post during the correct week.

There is a list of the participants at the bottom of this post.

This week's question/task:
What is your favourite grade school memory (I'm assuming this is the equiv of primary school in the UK)?

Hmm ... wow, that's a while ago. I think my favourite memory has to be when our teacher read us The Hobbit and how it inspired me to want to write. We used to have this paper with wide ruled lines and I filled pages and pages of it writing about fantasy characters. Can't for the life of me remember what I wrote now, but I remember enjoying it so much.

It was the first time I discovered the joy of writing and I have never looked back. I have also never lost my joy of the fantasy genre. My reading and writing loves have expanded, but never have I ever stopped loving dragons and dwarves and elves and sword and sorcery.

 What are your favourite memories of school? Did you enjoy it, or was it a chore?

4 comments:

  1. My husband also treasures the memory of one of his primary school teachers reading him The Hobbit. What a great inspiration for you. And filling pages and pages at that age? Wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. They definitely weren't reading The Hobbit anymore once I entered school. I didn't read it until the first LOTR movie came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is I was having a discussion about the Hobbit with some friends and we reckon there was a consensus of primary school teachers to not read the end because none of us remembered the battle, only beating the dragon. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.