Tuesday 16 September 2014

Just finished a new short story - Assassin's Blood

I've just finished writing the first draft of a new short story. It's called *drum roll please*

Assassin's Blood 

- at least it is at the moment, you never know if I'll change my mind before release day :).

It's about a vampire/werewolf hybrid who kills bad guys for a living. Her name is Kira and she generally kicks arse, but she runs into a snag after her latest job.

The setting is Whistler, BC because I've actually been there once and I liked it and it was vaguely different as far as places to set assassinations go :). I don't know, maybe I just had snow in my head :). It's also first person present, which is not usually my tense of choice, usually I'm a third person past kind of girl, but this one just seemed to fit so I went with it. Was fun to try out something a little different.

I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil the plot.

It has to go through editing and then I have to come up with a cover and blurb for the website, but it's going to be a freebie for all our current and future Wittegen Press Newsletter subscribers.

We had a poll for all our current subscribers as to what genre of short stories they would like and the top two were Contemporary Fantasy and Paranormal, so Soph took Contemporary Fantasy and I grabbed Paranormal because of my *cough* small obsession *cough* with vampires :). Soph is still working on hers and it's going to be awesome!


What is your favourite genre of fiction?
Personally I can never decide - I love all kinds of genres, but usually with a little bit of magic or paranormal in them.

2 comments:

  1. Story sounds interesting.

    I tend to read any kind of paranormal books as well as Sci-Fi, mysteries, but in the end it comes down to how much they catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I know what you mean - personally I'm quite a picky reader and the book has to grab me.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.