Friday 13 March 2015

The Great Terry Pratchett

So yesterday we lost yet another great man from geekdom. He was talented, brave in the face of adversity and an example to us all, with a wonderful sense of humour.

RIP Sir Terry - May you dance with DEATH and have a cracking good time.

With his iconic hat, beard and open smile he was such a well known face and his books and spirit will live on for generations to come.

I remember the first time I ever read one of his books and it's still my favourite: Pyramids. I know not many other people feel the same way, but I couldn't put it down and it was absolutely wonderful as I read page after page. His sense of humour was hilarious and very sophisticated in so many ways. I think I shall pull the book out soon and read it again and laugh some more at wine that gives you a hangover before you drink it and an assassin who ends up a deity.

My favourite character from his books has to be DEATH (and Binky). He's just awesome.

What is your favourite Pratchett novel and which is your favourite character?

1 comment:

  1. A talent and kind spirit who will be sorely missed :(

    Well, you know I agree with you about Pyramids - best ever! :) Although Mort and Wyrd Sisters come close too.

    DEATH is my favourite character too, but I have lots of runners up - The Luggage, Mort, Granny Weatherwax.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.